Welcome to Elder's Digest. Here you will find a variety of practical leadership resources. It is our desire that your ministry as pastor, elder, and deacon or deaconess be strengthened and blessed through it.
As you may know, any Seventh-day Adventist church worldwide receives its primary pastoral leadership from local church elders, supported by deacons, deaconesses, and other volunteer leaders in place of employed ministers. Therefore, the Ministerial Association is responsible for encouraging, equipping, and training this vital group of leaders.
This Training Ministry includes:
- Helping pastors, elders, deacons, and deaconesses understand the biblical function of their roles in the local congregation.
- Motivating ministerial secretaries to organize and conduct seminars for training pastors, elders, deacons and deaconesses.
- Encouraging unions and conferences to include these leaders in their resource distribution plans.
- Providing incentives for pastors to train elders, so they can become trainers of other church leaders
- Training these leaders for vital roles in local church administration, leadership, nurture, and evangelism.
- Providing resources to enhance the work of pastors, elders, deacons, and deaconesses.
As you navigate through the pages of this website, we hope you will enjoy it. Thanks for your ministry on behalf of the Seventh-day Adventist church. May God continue to bless you abundantly!