God's Great Questions to Man
"Where art thou?" (Gen. 3:9). "Where is ... thy brother?" (Gen. 4:9). "What doest thou here?" (I Kings 19:9). "What is that in thine hand?" (Ex. 4:2). "What could have been done more?" (Isa. 5:4). "What think ye of Christ?" (Matt. 22:42). The unanswerable question (Heb. 2:3). "What have they seen in thine house?" (2 Kings 20:15). "I will work, and who can hinder?" (Isa. 43:13, ARV). "What is your life?" (James 4:14). "Where is the flock?" (Jer. 13:20). "Why transgress the commandments of God?" (Matt. 15:3). "What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Matt. 16:26). -Phyllis Bailey.
"Behind every success is someone who was a tributary by way of an encouraging word, an inspiration, or a motivating force. And while they are not credited with the success, they had an important part in it.
"Seldom, if ever, is there a singular success. More often several contributing factors, and people, are figured in.
"Behind every winning basket there is that important pass, where some unselfish player passed the ball to the point maker. Without that pass, there would be no score and no heroes. While their names are seldom listed, they are important factors in the success. Wise is the hero who never forgets them.
"The feeling of success only lingers with that person who accepts his accomplishments with gratitude and humility. When these ingredients and attitudes are missing, the reality of success is challenged and soon fades.
"Find a successful person and you'll find one who praises others more than himself and who recognizes his debt to them." -C. Neal Strait, Quote Magazine.
"What do you use to preserve your appearance?" a friend asked an old Quaker lady who was noted for her youthful look. She answered sweetly, "I use for the lips: truth; for the voice: prayer; for the eyes: pity; for the hand: charity; for the figure: uprightness; and for the heart: love." -Quote Magazine.
The Believer's Resources
1. The Believer's Dwelling Place He dwells in the secret place (Ps.91:l); He abides under the shadow of Omnipotence (Ps.91:l).
2. The Believer's Determination "I will say of the Lord" (Ps. 91:2).
3. The Believer's Possessions My refuge in the storm (Ps.91:2); My fortress in the battle (Ps.91:2); My God in whom I trust (Ps.91:2).
4. The Believer's Courage Because He delivers thee (Ps.91:3); Because He covers thee (Ps.91:4).
5. The Believer's Intelligence "Hath known my name" (Ps.91:14).
6. The Believer's Privileges He loves you (Ps. 91:14); He saves you (Ps. 91:16); He abides with you (Ps 91:15); He honors you (Ps. 91:15); He answers you (Ps. 91:15); He satisfies you (Ps. 91:16).
-From "Pulpit Helps," AMG International, Ridgefield, New Jersey.
"There is no greater disloyalty to the pioneers of progress than to refuse to budge one inch from the positions they took." -Curtis Barger.
"It is very strange that the world accepts enthusiasm in every realm but the spiritual!" -Billy Graham.
"Confusion results from improper exercise jumping to conclusions, rather than digging for facts." -Far Eastern Division Furlougher.
"Character is what you are in the dark." Moody.
"Patience is the ability to count down before blasting off." Quote Magazine.
Henry Feyerabend writes from Oshawa, Canada, where he serves as speaker and producer of the telecast program It is Written.